Werner & Mertz has been in existence for over 150 years; the company was founded in 1867 as the wax goods factory "Gebrüder Werner" (Werner Brothers) in Mainz on the Rhine. Today Reinhard Schneider manages the family-run company in Mainz as CEO in the fourth generation.
In 1953 Erdal GmbH, the Austria branch of Werner & Mertz, was founded in Hallein near Salzburg as a second production site. The company on the Salzach currently employs around 160 men and women. Altogether approximately 900 people work for the family-run company in Europe.
Werner & Mertz has a company tradition of changing the market with new developments, increasing customer benefits with new products and protecting the environment with better formulations. Our company history documents this great innovative strength.